Minneapolis Uninsured Motorists Lawyers

Based on the facts and information given by authorities, about 14% or 1 of 7 people who own and drive a car or vehicle don’t even have their own insurance policy or coverage. This means that if they will get involved in car accidents, they will have to pay out of their own pockets rather than an insurance company. If you will get hit by one of these drivers, chances are, you will have a very difficult time in getting the appropriate compensation.

Fortunately, cases like these were taken into consideration by most insurance companies in different states. Most policies now cover situations like this when the uninsured driver couldn’t pay for the damages caused by the accident. This means that you could still get the benefits you deserve like the coverage for the medical expenses and other damages. The insurance company will be the one to take some actions against the uninsured driver to recover the loss. This might leave you wondering about some things and you might want to ask some questions that would give you a better idea about this.

Do I have to pay higher premiums after I made a claim?

No, you will still be charged the same amount of monthly premiums as long as the other party or the driver will be proven to be the one at fault. You can expect that the insurance company will charge you a higher rate if proven otherwise.

To which insurance company should I make the claim?

This is a good question if you have multiple insurance policies or coverage. It is advisable to make the claim to the insurance company that provides the coverage for the car that you were driving when the accident happened. If you think that the cost of damages would exceed the coverage limit of your auto insurance, you could use another policy with a higher limit. If you are confused about this or if you are not sure to which company you should make the claim, the best thing to do is to hire a lawyer that could help you with this.

Are hit and run cases also covered by these policies?

Yes because most drivers involved in hit and run accidents are uninsured so you can still get uninsured motorists benefits. You just have to prove that the driver was at fault and you should make sure that you could get important details that will help identify the driver. This must be done as soon as possible as you might not be granted any kind of benefits if this would take any longer.

Why do I need to hire an attorney?

There are some cases when you will really need the help of a lawyer. It will all depend on your own insurance policy. Some may require you to do some actions before they would let you make a claim. You could also use an attorney in case you have to make a claim against your own insurance provider. Your lawyer could help you determine the right policy to use, meet the requirements of your insurance company, and guide you through other complicated legal procedures. In case you have been involved in any kind of uninsured motorists accident, the lawyers of Sabby & Reyes LLC would be more than willing to help. Call (952) 828-9000 to schedule a free consultation.

MN Personal Injury Lawyer & Attorney

If you or someone you love has been injured, contact the attorneys at Sabby & Reyes LLC today. Their attorneys are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in order to serve and help you. They offer convenient meeting schedules and locations to assist their clients in this often stressful process. You may be entitled to serious monetary compensation to cover your losses.

Remember – you do not have to pay a dime unless we recover compensation for you.